Shooting a gun post otoplasty and rhinoplasty?

Hunting season is coming up and I'm worried shooting a shotgun could damage my rhinoplasty. By shouldering your gun and firing it might pull the skin of my cheek which could pull the tip of my nose over. Wondering if I should be concerned?

Shooting post-op

It is best to direct this question to your surgeon. However, if there is a period of time say 6-8 weeks between the time of your surgery and hunting season, you should have little to worry about. Happy shooting and good luck

Once healing has progressed 6 weeks or more, these activities should pose truly minimal risk to your nose. Check with your surgeon for final clearance, and be careful about frostbite--you will likely have numbness for many months. Good shooting! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Shooting Guns

Thank you for your question. I would contact your surgeon with that question.  They know you, and your surgery best, and would be able to advise you on what's considered safe and what's not at various points in your recovery. Best, Dr. Michael Epstein MAE Plastic Surgery Northbrook, IL

Rhinoplasty damage

If your rhinoplasty has been done very recently the plastic surgeon that did the procedure should be able to offer specific guidelines as far as resuming your regular level of activity and what would be safe for pulling or stretching the surgical sites.  With that being said, it is extremely unlikely that what you described would affect the surgical site on your nose or alter your appearance in any permanent way.  I hope this helps!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon