Kybella for Periorbital Fat?

I understand that other lipid dissolving injections are regularly used in Asia for periorbital fat issues and not just the V-line area. I am seeking a doctor in the US who is familiar with the use of such a product for fat around the eye area and / or who is transitioning from Lipodissolve to this new, more efficient product for this purpose.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Kybella for Periorbital Fat

Kybella is currently FDA approved to treat submental fullness under the chin, and should not be used in any other areas of the face or body, especially around the eyes. Kybella does carry some risk of potential nerve damage, and the area around the eye especially has many nerves and delicate structures that could potentially be damaged by using Kybella in this unintended way. It is also very important to have your Kybella injections performed by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge of facial nerve anatomy.

Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New

Kybella is a form of a liver salt that is synethic and works to damage fat cells when it is injected into them. In the clinical trials, 2 treatments a month apart had close to 50% improvement in fat reduction with some neck skin tightening/lifting (but this was a secondary outcome). More treatments, gave more improvement. In general it will take 4-6 treatments to get close to 75%+ improvement in most patients. There is pain and swelling during and after injection that can last a few hours to a few weeks/months. I suggest a formal consultation with a physician who is trained and speaks on neck rejuvenation, contouring and lifting. I am one of the few Kybella injection trainers and the majority of my practice is facial and body rejuvenation by fat removal surgical and non surgical options. Some people may benefit better from surgical lipocontouring and get more jawline and lower face improvement, as well as neck lifting, quickly -- within 3 days after the procedure. Kybella is not FDA approved to use in other areas other than the fat pad under the chin/submental area, and use in other areas could be unsafe. Again, please see an expert if you are considering treatment with this new medication. It does offer a great advance in our ability to reduce fat and contour the face. Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella for Periorbital Fat

Currently, Kybella is FDA-approved to treat submental fullness (or a double chin), and is not recommended for use in any other area of the face or body. Kybella injections do carry some risk of potential nerve damage. Because the area around the eye has many nerves and delicate structures, the use of Kybella around the eyes could potentially damage these nerves, and therefore should be avoided. We also recommend that all Kybella injections targeting submental fullness be performed only by a Board Certified plastic surgeon who has extensive knowledge of facial nerve anatomy to avoid potential nerve damage. 

Gary Motykie, MD

Kybella Treatments for Chin Fat

Kybella is an exciting new FDA approved treatment for submental fullness, or double chin. Kybella is Deoxycholic Acid and it is injected into the fat pad under the chin At this time, Kybella is not recommended for under-eye fat treatments.

#Kybelladestroysfat #fatdestruction #Kybelladestroysfat

Treating Fat with Kybella

Kybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or  a double chin. Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid) is injected into the fat pad under the chin for permanent results. Often 2 or 3 treatments are needed to completely contour the chin and remove the unwanted fat.

A skillfully trained provider can determine if you are a candidate for Kybella vs other surgical neck procedures.  The procedure is safe and effects are evident even after one treatment!  

At this time, the treatments are recommended only for fat under the chin.

#Kybellafatinjections    #doublechin   #Kybellatreatments

Kybella is not indicated for Periorbital Fat, only Submental Fat

Kybella is FDA approved for the fat under the chin and permanently treats the double chin.  There is no experience yet in treating the fat under the eyes and I would definitely not attempt it.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella for Periorbital Fat?

While Kybella® is currently only FDA-approved for fat reduction in the neck, licensed PHYSICIANS are allowed to use it, based on their medical discretion on other areas of the body. Please consult an expert board-certified aesthetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in using Kybella®, as it is a very new product.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella for Periorbital Fat?

Kybella is FDA-approved to dissolve fat under the chin.  All other treatment areas are considered off-label at this time.  Given the amount of interest in treating other areas, I would think it is a matter of time before further studies are done and other areas are approved.  I would not recommend treating the periorbital area right now.  

Peri-orbital fat with Kybella

I would not use Kybella for the removal of the peri-orbital fat at this time.  I would definitely wait until there is an FDA approved product in this area given the importance of neighboring anatomic structures (namely the eyeball).  There are some companies, however, that are looking into this so stay tuned.

Kybella for Periorbital Fat

Kybella is only FDA approved to treat submental fullness under the chin, and should not be used in any other areas of the face or body.Unfortunately, using Kybella to treat other fatty deposits such as near or around the eyes carries a high risk of nerve damage in this highly sensitive area.To minimize any potential risks from Kybella treatments, it is critical that it only be used in the manner in which it was intended—to permanently eliminate fatty deposits under the chin—and that it be administered by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with detailed knowledge of facial anatomy.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon