When I have my nose splints removed after septoplasty/polyp removal, will this cause additional bleeding?

Nasal splint

Regardless of splints or no splints, there can be bleeding up to 2 week after the surgery.  Removing the splint generally does not cause additional bleeding.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal splint

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Additional bleeding after splint removal for septoplasty

In Our Practice, We Do Not Place Splints in the In the Nose after a Septoplasty Procedure, Therefore there is No Additional Bleeding.  Patient's Can Still Have Nosebleeds After Septoplasty and Sinus Surgery for the First 2 Weeks.