I have a septoplasty this week and I partook in cocaine usage a week ago. Should I be worried or will enough time have passed?

It will have been 10 days since I used cocaine when my septoplasty scheduled. It was dumb and I haven't done it in years. This is NOT something I do anymore and I never plan to do it again, but I need to know if I should reschedule. The amount was probably 3 to 4 lines. Thank you.

Be honest with your surgeon about cocaine and any drug use

If you just used cocaine in your nose recently and you are having nasal surgery, you should tell your surgeon immediately. You might want to consider rescheduling because the drug causes a lot of inflammation to the internal nasal lining and may lead to postoperative complications that otherwise could have been avoided.

In my practice, I would recommend you re-schedule. Cocaine both impacts your nasal tissues and your cardiovascular system. be safe. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cocaine abuse and nasal surgery

Most nasal surgeons will not perform surgery on the nose  when patients are using cocaine. Best  to be off  cocaine for one year.