8 days post septoplasty. Difficulty breathing?

I'm trying to be patient because I know there is still swelling. but in addition to the blocked nasal passages I have post nasal drip and a sore throat and it feels like I cannot get enough air. When I stand up I am extremely dizzy and tingling in my arms and hands. I cannot even walk across the room without gasping for breath and having to sit down. Is this normal?

Difficulty breathing and gasping

Even though you are likely to be ok, the fact that you are having so many issues is a concern and you should seek medical attention. Not to scare you, but anytime you are having difficulty breathing, gasping as you say, you have to worry about a PE. Please contact your surgeon ASAP.