Lymphatic massage after Lower Body Lift
Ensure the following:
1. Minimal residual pain present.
2. Have your surgeon approve it.
3. Have your surgeon specify the area that may be massaged and how many sessions per week.
4. Establish a low sodium diet and good water consumption to detoxify your body
5. Fat grafting sites are off limits.
Hope this helps.
I'm Interested in Lymphatic Massage Following my Lower Body Lift, What Safety Parameters Do I Need to Consider?
I see nothing wrong with lymphatic massage after a 360 lower bodylift. Lymphatic massage can help decrease swelling and accelerate healing time. Massage can also stimulate blood flow. Increased bloodflow leads to faster healing. However, I would have your massage therapist not get too close to the incision. In addition, I would wait at least 2 to 3 weeks after a 360 lower body lift before having lymphatic massage. Aso, I would wait until all the drains have been removed before starting lymphatic massage. As with all activities after a 360 body lift, I would always consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon.Every plastic surgeon has their own way of doing things after a major reconstructive procedure like a 360 lower body lift. Good luck. Luck.