How long does it take for the full effects of Voluma XC injections to take effect?

I had 1ml of Voluma injected into my cheek area several days ago. I was wondering how long it would take for me to see the full effect of Voluma - Is the effect immediate or does it take several days/weeks/months to show all the improvement? I like the results so far but feel I may need more injections. Just did not want to rush back to the doctor if I have not see the full effects.

You will want to wait 2 weeks to assess the final result.

You will want to wait 2 weeks to assess the final result. Swelling is a common side effect of injections and can last approx. 2 weeks. If after 2 weeks you think you would like additional product, schedule a follow up with your injector.

Last contacted 1 hour ago

Full effect of voluma is immediate

The effect of voluma happens instantly.  

I am glad you like the effect of your first Voluma treatment.  You can build upon it by returning for additional Voluma/filler.  

Patients are often surprised by how much they need. A woman in her mid to late twenties can usually use at least 1 syringe.  Early thirties, expect 2 syringes.  In the later thirties, depending on how quickly you are aging, you may benefit from  3+ syringes (not all voluma; could be a combination of Voluma and other, softer products).  With every decade that passes, the aging process accelerates.  

This doesn't mean that we have to put all the filler in at once.  If a patient is apprehensive or has financial constraints, I often recommend starting with 1 or 2 syringes and adding an additional 1-2 syringes every so often to build on the effects.  

When patients start fillers, I will try to articulate a plan for correction and a plan for maintenance.  Think of obtaining/maintaining your appearance so that you look great for your age the same way you think about going to the dentist or hair stylist regularly.

Melissa Chiang, MD, FAAD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 13 days ago

When do I see the result of Voluma?

Hi,
Voluma is a beautiful filler for deeper and fuller filling on the cheekbones, midface, and jawline.  You can see the results immediately.  During a consultation, I usually advise the patients how much I think they will need before starting.  If they would like to start conservatively, I split one syringe between both sides of the face.  After I use the one syringe, I have patients look in the mirror and see if they would like more or wait 1-2 weeks to see if they need more.  Often, patients get home, love their result, but realize they need more.  I like to let patients direct how much they want.

Warmly,
Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

Use of Voluma

Voluma is a very good product and in my practice I use it for what it sounds ie. volumizing and placed deep often against the bones.The wonderful thing about it is the effects are virtually immediate. There may be some swelling that lasts for a week or two from the injection. It is often best to under correct as more can be added later. Depending on where it is placed it may take several weeks for the overlying tissues to relax and smooth out. Later if more is desired it can be added. Depending on the effect desired a different thickness of product may be used and layer it usually with the thicker, firmer products deeper and softer, thinner products on top.

Ross Horton, MD, FRCSC
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 months ago

Voluma results are immediate

one of the great things about voluma is the instant results.  I typically take pictures of my patients before and right after injections so together we can go to my office and asses the results.  It is nothing short of amazing.  Over the next week or so some bruising and swelling can develop but it ususally goes back to that initial immediate appearance after injecting.  

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 5 hours ago

Instant Results

Voluma provides instant results, however it may take a week for the swelling to subside and for everything to settle. Good luck!

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 7 hours ago

Voluma results

Voluma provides patients with immediate results. It is not like Botox, which takes a week or two for you to see the final results. However, you may experience some swelling after your Voluma injections which can last 7 - 10 days. So around that point when all of your swelling has resolved you will see the final results of your Voluma treatment. I recommend you wait a few more weeks to get used to the results and if you still think you need more, then go back to your injector for a touch up. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Last contacted 19 hours ago

Time It Takes For Voluma To Take Effect

With Voluma, you should see instantaneous results. In addition, you will have some swelling and possibly bruising. The swelling normally subsides and you should see your final result in about 2 weeks. 1 syringe of Voluma is a conservative treatment, so it will not be unusual for you to feel like you may need additional product once the swelling has subsided.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Last contacted 2 days ago

It’s always better to inject conservatively at first.

Voluma results are immediate, and while there may be some swelling or bruising that obscures the results for first week or two, for the most part what you see is what you get. It’s always better to inject conservatively at first, as it is much easier to add more filler later than to remove unwanted filler. If you think you need more to achieve the results you want, schedule a follow-up with your doctor to have it done. 

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 21 hours ago

Voluma fillers in Los Angeles

Voluma is a volume filler and the extent of volume enhancement can be seen immediately after the injection; as opposed to stimulatory fillers like Sculptra. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Last contacted 3 hours ago