What are the pros and cons for excision vs under the armpit process for Male Breast Reduction?

I had consulted with a PS and he recommended an in-facilities process (out patient) where an tube will be inserted from under the armpits and the process completed. My understanding is that I have mostly fat tissues and probably some tissue too.

Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Gynecomastia

When needed, an axillary incision can be used for liposuction cannula or arthroscopy shaver access, and a well-designed incision in that location is also minimally noticeable to invisible in most cases. Surgeons who are experienced with and proficient at gynecomastia surgery limit the incisions to areas where the scars will be imperceptible.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Armpit incision for excision of male breast tissue

If you have no gland and just fat, then an axillary approach for liposuction is a good option. If you have glandular tissue in addition, I believe it is hard to remove the gland through the distant access point and it can leave irregularities of the skin around the nipple.

Julio Garcia, MD

Gynecomastia

It sounds like you are having liposuction of the chest and this is often performed as an outpatient.  Best of luck.

Gynecomastia healing

I assume you are asking about liposuction of the male breast. That is how I remove all the tissue in most patients. Occasionally. a small incision around the nipple is needed to remove some gland tissue. Removing all tissue with open incision is a bigger more invasive procedure and more difficult to get as smooth an outcome and more scar. But sometimes it is necessary in patients who have a lot of gland tissue such as patients who used anabolic steroids. See a surgeon who does a lot of this type of case. Good luck.