Will skin tighten more over time after gynecomastia surgery?

I am about 2 1/2 months post op...I had breast tissue removal..liposuction and skin tightening because I had severe gynecomastia..my right side has scar tissue and stuff but its lookin good..my left is more saggy and has less scar tissue underneath so I was wondering if the skin naturally still tightens overtime because I had skin tightening already..also what's the usual time you see final results for severe gynecomastia cases....thanks

When are Results Noticeable after a Male Breast Reduction

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Skin on one side after gynecomastia appears loose

You need to wait at least 6 months to see your result - it often takes longer.
You may feel you have recovered but inside around the surgery, you body is busy changing the internal healing.
Best wishes

It could take 3-6 months to get the final result

It takes 3-6 months to get final result following gynecomastia surgery. Best is to continue to follow up with your surgeon. 

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

It can take months for the skin to settle and swelling to subside.  Wearing your compression garment will help. Follow up with your surgeon to confirm that you are healing as you should.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

By 6-9 months you should know better

A lot of the swelling is probably gone but your skin and tissues are still remodeling and can take up to one year to be done "tightening" and healing.  Keep supporting those tissues by wearing a compression garment and massaging the areas. 

Skin tightening

Hello, you are still relatively early in the overall process. You should continue to have skin tightening for at least 6-9 months after surgery. After this time period has elapsed, you will be close to your final result. You should be able to tell by 6 months if obvious revisions are needed.

Hope this helps.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question but without an examination or preoperative and postoperative photos it is impossible to give an intelligent answer so go back to your surgeon and get his opinion. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD