Wondering what solution to fix turtle neck? (photos)

I have some sagging skin, and no definition from chin and neck. What could be done?

Neck Lifts Fix Turkey Necks

The delicate skin on the neck is one of the first places where aging shows up. How much skin sagging and fat deposits you get in this area is partly determined by your genetics. Also, weight gain can permanently stretch the skin and, if followed by weight loss, may result in sags in the chin and neck. A neck lift is less invasive than a facelift, and is the only other surgical procedure that can dramatically reverse turkey neck. (See my Before and After Photos below) The incisions are smaller and the recovery time less. Plus, the rest of the face is untouched. After surgery, you would be given recommendations to improve skin tone to keep the good results as long as possible. A consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon will give you the answers you need to rectify this area of concern for you.

Turtle Neck - How To Fix?

In my own practice, I have seen a large increase in patients with your configuration wanting neck lifts after having tried other options. The reason is structural. If you look closely at your photos, you will see that your chin is weak, and does not line up well with your nose and upper lip. There is also excess skin of your neck that some call "turkey neck." In my opinion, your best result would come from a neck lift and possible chin implant to give you the definition you desire. I suggest you find a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to discuss this option. (Many will do over-the-phone consultaitons.) The choice is always yours in terms of which option to take; however, it might save you time and money to circumvent the treatments that don't give you a "wow" result. 

Neck lift

Hi thanks to share your photograph to address the sagging in the lower neck you can opt for a lower face and neck lift to get a better cosmetic outcome. However before the  surgical intervention you can go for non surgical neck contouring and tightening with exilis procedure done in periodic sessions to define your chin and neck.A  thread lift procedure can also  be tried  to address your concern please.do consult a board certified surgeon before the procedure.good luck. 

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. An examination will determine the ideal treatment method but a neck lift is the gold standard method to improve laxity and aging in the neck.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. The Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift is a phenomenal procedure for addressing sagging skin and other early signs of aging in the neck region. It can provide you with renewed definition in your chin and neck areas. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Solution to fix a turtle neck

It is very difficult to make a decision based on the limited photographs. Excess fatty deposits can be removed with liposuction.  Fatty deposits underneath the platysma muscle are removed with surgery which  requires a platysma plasty. When there is excess skin present in the neck, the skin must be tightened with a face/neck lift. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Neck lift/definition options

Thank you for your pictures. Your final options will depend on an examination; they range from noninvasive options such as Ultherapy, to liposuction to a neck lift. This all depends on the extent of looseness and the quality of your skin. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Early neck sagging

Hi kc18.  Thanks for sharing photos-the slight excess of skin and loss of definition is in the very early stage of aging.  If you have excess fat, liposuction with a tightening component like VASER would provide good correction.  You don't appear as if you need a formal neck lift.  Be sure to seek consultation with an ABPS certified PS and have a full examination.  Good luck!

Neck options

There are a number of options for your neck and the best solution depends on whether the issue is mostly due to fat or skin and muscle laxity.  See the link below for detailed discussion.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS