Can my chin/neck be pulled back? (Photo)

My neck goes straight to my chin. I don' think there's that much fat under there. It seems like the muscle or skin is too tight, but wouldn't stretching it out just make it sag? Can it be tightened up and pulled back?

Necklift

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for the Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift. By combining liposculpture, neck lifting, and laser resurfacing, the Laser-Assited Weekend Necklift tailors the most innovative technology to the patient's needs while providing a stronger jawline and more confident appearance after a 1.5 hour surgery and a short recovery time. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Neck Lift

You have an obtuse angle to your neck that results from hanging skin and fat.  The structures in the neck include skin, fat, and platysmal muscle. Each of those can be addressed separately, or in a group, and can be moved in an upward-and-backward direction to restore a sharper neckline of youth, giving you a more acute (and aesthetically appealing) angle. 

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Limited jaw refinement

There are definitely options for you to add definition to your jawline and chin.  That includes everything you see mentioned by others, including liposuction.  But to me it looks like you do not have favorable anatomy to expect large changes.  Your larynx/hyoid complex appears low and somewhat anterior, meaning that even in the best case scenario you will still have a limited response to any surgical procedure.  So whatever procedure you consider, make sure you have a realistic conversation with your surgeon.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

A neck lift is possible but I suggest VASER/ThermiRF combination to get great results with very little downtime.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Neck Angle Reshaping

A submentoplasty procedure to remove deep fat and tighten the platysmal muscle centrally is the only way to decrease your very obtuse cervicomental angle. You may also consider some chin augmentation with it as the diametric effect of bringing the chin forward (even if only slightly) with the neck angle being pulled up and back will help with the overall effect.

Improving My Neck Contour

Depending on the laxity of your neck skin and position of the underlying platysma muscle you may get the desired improvement with just liposuction without having a neck lift. The best approach can be determined with a hands on physical examination so you can make an educated decision.

Neck lift for jawline improvement

A full set of photographs are required of the face to determine what may be needed. In our practice, a neck lift  involves removal of fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle along the platysma plasty to significantly improve the jawline. No skin removal is needed when patients are under 50 years of age. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Chin contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for chin contouring.  If you skin elasticity is good (which is appears to be based on your photo), then liposuction may work well for you.  The only way to evaluate skin elasticity is with an in-person examination. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Chin and neck

Thank you for submitting the photo.  You would need a good hands on physical exam to really be able to tell.  You would likely be a candidate for neck liposuction and possible platysmal tightening.  The amount of angulation that you can achieve in your neck is actually dependent on where your hyoid bone lies.  

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon