What cup size approx will 650 cc's hp mentor smooth round implants give me? I am 5'7 153 lbs 36A cup and BWD is 14 cm. (photo)

I am 5'7 153 lbs 36 A cup pre surgery and BWD is 14cm. The implant my ps has selected is mentor smooth round high profile. My strong desire is either D or DD. Does this seem possible with 650 cc's ? Thanks for your time :)

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

If your body can accommodate, then you will be close to DD with 650 cc.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Choosing the Correct Implant

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.
Choosing the right implant is your second most important decision. After choosing the right surgeon!
Implant choices are scary because they can be complicated.
  • Size depends on your height, weight, chest circumference, chest measurements, skin looseness, goals and much more. You really need your plastic surgeon to work with you to help you find the right one. The answers aren't found on-line.
  • Bra sizes are misleading - the same woman can wear a B, C or D cup, depending on bra style and manufacturer.
  • Photos are misleading too - implants look different in different people and an implant can look much larger or smaller in a photo than it will look on you.
  • As a general rule - but it may not apply to you - an implant of 300 or below adds a cup size or less, 350 - 450 adds two cup sizes.
  • Larger implants are fashionable but harder to live with long-term.
When in doubt, return to your plastic surgeon for a second measurement or fitting. Or get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before your surgery. Don't panic - implant size differences can be subtle. Chances are you will be very pleased with your choice! Hope this helps.

Breast implant size selection

Dear Niki,

For your height, a 650 CC implant will likely put you into the D or DD range.  Of course, implant size and cup size are two different issues and may vary considerably based on many factors including bra brand, chest width, and implant type.  My best recommendation for you is to try on sizers in your plastic surgeons office and see if you like the way you look with 650 CC implants.  There is the added question of whether 650 CC implants would fit your breast tissue envelope.  Very tight skin and breast tissue may only allow a certain size of implant to be placed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

What cup size approx will 650 cc's HP Mentor smooth round implants give me? I am 5'7 153lbs 36A cup and BWD is 14cm

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Your options would certainly be breast augmentation with implants or fat grafting.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Cup Size After BAM

It is difficult to predict what cup size you may be because cup sizes vary widely by designers. So a D cup in one designer could be a C or B cup in another.   In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

What cup size approx will 650 cc's hp mentor smooth round implants give me? I am 5'7 153 lbs 36A cup and BWD is 14 cm.

Thank you for the question and picture. There is no accurate correlation between size of breast implant and cup size achieved. I ask patients not to base their communication of goals, or evaluate the outcome of breast augmentation surgery, based on achieving specific cup sizes.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "D or DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

650HP implant

assuming your skin is lax enough to accommodate that size, I think closer to the DD cup is what you can expect.

Julio Garcia, MD

That is a very big, big size, i think you will be a DD size, but you have to be sure that that is the right implant you need. Good Luck!

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD