Is there anyway to shorten a long face? (photo)

I hate how long my face is. It makes me feel so ugly. My nose is crooked and has a huge bump because it was broken. I plan to get it fixed but really want a much smaller face and maybe balance my top lip out with my bottom one. Is this possible? Would it solve my long face problem?

Is there anyway to shorten a long face?

Yes, we have feminized many female faces converting elongated looking faces into ones that are more heart-shaped and feminine.  Non-smiling photos from the front and side are the best for facial evaluation.  However, from the attached photo the cheeks in the front are flat and the chin is weak making the face appear elongated.  The Nose is large with a dorsal hump further masculinizing the profile.  The following procedures would soft, feminize and make the face more naturally attractive.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to create cheeks that are full and round anteriorly (in the front) that can feminize the entire face.
  • Chin augmentation with a chin implant to provide harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal hump, refine and re-shape the nose to a more naturally attractive shape and size.
 We frequently have performed these procedures on may international patients from the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.  Hope this helps. 

Shortening Long Faces

It has been proven that the following features comprise an attractive female face:
Short upper lip
High cheekbones
Small nose
Short distance between the chin and mouth
Large eyes, widely spaced apart
Fine jawline
Petite chin

I provide this information so that you realize your face is not a collection of individual features but rather a whole entity where the interaction of the features influences the way you are perceived.

The short answer is yes, it is possible to change the way your face is long. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction

Thanks for sharing your pictures!
you have a good potential for improvement via 
Rhinoplasty +\_ chin reduction !
best wishes

Mr J Tahery
Otolaryngologist/Facial Plastic surgeon

Jawed Tahery, FRCS
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon