Severe pain at injection sites on donor area?

4 days after my FUE procedure I am suffering from extreme pain at the back of my head where I was injected. Instead of the pain subsiding it is getting increasingly worse. It is a burning combined with muscle ache. Is this normal? The donor area is healing well and there is no pain to speak of there.

Severe pain that gets worse is not normal. It is best to contact your doctor for a follow up visit.

Severe pain that gets worse is not normal.  It is best to contact your doctor for a follow up visit.  Give your doctor a call.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Severe burning pain after an FUE procedure

Bross123,
This is highly unusual. Whether FUT or FUE, most patients have some discomfort after the anesthesia subsides that responds well to ice and mild pain medicationn. The following morning most patients report very little if any pain. I would definitely recommend that you go back to your doctor for an evaluation.

Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Severe pain after a hair transplant

You need to go back to see your doctor. This is highly unusual and I would wonder what is going on. I always want to see my patients if there are any complaints. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Severe Pain

Any sort of severe pain is not expected, especially severe pain that is getting worse over time. Contact your doctor as soon as you can about this to figure out what's wrong before it continues to get even worse.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon