Over 2 months post gyno surgery, will the "swelling" subside or is it left over fat or fluid? (photos)

Hi I had gyno surgery abroad,just over two months ago, is my progress normal?, on both sides of my chest I still have a large area which is not tight or natural look mostly around the nipple area,My surgery consisted of nipple removal, skin removal around it once the gland was removed to prevent sagging. Has enough skin been took out? Or if not am I getting fluid build up in gaps? The right side feels more a firm fatty feeling and the left in areas can feel more fluid but I could be wrong.

Over 2 months post gyno surgery, will the "swelling" subside or is it left over fat or fluid?

Based on your pre op photos I would recommend to have complete direct excision of the entire gyne tissue with lipo of the surrounding chest. Make sure that this was performed correctly. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia Surgery Recovery

Hi hunters89,

Thanks for the post and photos. At 2 months you are still recovering. There is a visible improvement from the before photos but I suspect that you should continue to see improvements for the next several months. I would reserve judgement until you are more than 6 months post surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Concerns after gynecomastia surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia surgery; based on your photographs, I think that your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you (overall nice improvement).   At this point, two months out of surgery, I would suggest ongoing time and patience;  evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed several months from now.  I would expect gradual ongoing improvement.

More specific evaluation would require in-person physical examination; if you remain concerned, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons ( who can demonstrate lots of experience with gynecomastia surgery), in your area.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.