Can you squish the fat in your chest? (Photo)

I have some stubborn fat in my chest that I'm battling to burn I thought I had gynecomastia but had an ultra sound and the presence of glandular tissue was not found. My chest has been shrinking but it feels like I'm squishing fat or something when I punch the excess fat is it the fat cells breaking up any opinions ?

Fatty Tissue in the Chest Can Be Gynecomastia

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types. One particular subset of patient is a male who is overweight or holds excess fat.

Another issue with obese men is that they may have a degree of breast ptosis (droopiness) or even skin excess. The treatment for these patients will involve skin excision, areolar reduction, breast lift, or a combination of the three. These cases need to be addressed on an individual manner and the resultant scars and risks need to be explained fully to the patients. In some cases the procedures will need to be staged. In the first stage the excess breast and fatty tissue is removed and the skin is allowed to retract. In a second stage performed months later whatever remaining excess skin is removed. This approach may limit the amount of extra scars that need to be made.

The most important decision to be made before performing any operation is whether the patient is a good surgical candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), needs to be considered when deciding to operate on a patient. Studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. It is important for patients to be as close to their normal body weight prior to surgery. Not only will this decrease their risks of complications, but will also enhance their aesthetic results. Normal body weight is different from one patient to another

The best way to consider whether the surgical procedure would provide you with desired results is a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to help you determine all of your options and what the best available option would be. Good luck.

Pseudogynecomastia

Thank for the photo and diet and exercise may help or liposuction to remove the fat on your chest

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Can you squish the fat in your chest?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though pinching or squishing your fat will not help break it down, you can use continued diet and exercise to help shrink it.  Hope this helps.