Redness and small white pimples on my Areola, what can that be? (photo)

Hello i got a breast augmentation and lollipop lift for 6 month and 3 month ago, that is to operacion. I got some reddness and small white pimples on my areola 1 week ago, what can that be?

Redness and Small White Pimples

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

There is always a possibility that certain creams will help healing if this is where you have an incision or scar, but if you are concerned at all about the healing process and final results it would be best to visit your surgeon for a follow-up examination.

Redness and pimple?

Greetings Angela. I suggest you contact your plastic surgeon for a full evaluation. The redness and pimple most likely represents a "spitting" suture or it's possible it is an early sign of infection. Pain would also be a symptom of both conditions and notifying your physician would be appropriate. 

Aldo Guerra, MD