Can I fly after having a broke nose re-set ?

I fainted 4 days ago and I have been told my Nose is broken it is slightly crooked but nothing major Anyway nobody in the emergency department examined my nose they just refered me to the ENT clinic for assessment on Monday then surgery on Wednesday I'm Confused by this as I was told at a and e it would be put back by re setting whilst I was awake with local anhestetic I'm now being told i will have General anhestetic. I am due to fly 4 days after this procedure will I be ok?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. In your case, the minor break and the re-set should not prevent you from flying four days later, however, I suggest that you verify with the board certified facial ENT who reset your nose correctly.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Air travel after nose surgery

It should not be a problem to fly 4 days after nasal surgery. However, this is something that you have to discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Nasal fracture repair

A minor nasal fracture can be reduced under local but a more major one would require anesthesia. Flying 4 days later should not be an issue depending on the nature of the fracture, check with your surgeon about travel restrictions.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon