Is growth of the fibro-fatty tissue in the nose tip something that happens to some people over time?

I am Asian with thick skin and I know there is some amount of fibrofatty tissue in my nose and nose tip, but for about 2 years now my nose tip has looked persistently more bulbous than before. Is it possible that the fatty tissue has grown thicker? Also, after rhinoplasty and tip defatting, will the fatty tissue grow back? Thank you

Doctor Answers 2

Is growth of the fibro-fatty tissue in the nose tip something that happens to some people over time?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Thank you for your question,

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. The nose is an individual characteristic and for many, the most attractive nose is one that is natural and proportional for the face. A Rhinoplasty procedure can address your fibrofatty tissue and tighten your appearance. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.