Optimal time in between microneedling sessions? I read 4-6 wks in between microneedling treatments; others say 3 wks. (photo)

(I need 4-6 trtx -too scared to try laser due to horror stories read here. My meso needling place won't do them but 6 wks apart! is there an optimal wait time to achieve optimal results? Also, is dermapen, meso needling better than SkinPen? I want to add on PRP but there aren't too many places here in Twin Cities that offer this (the only medspa I found quoted $800,I'll need multiple trtx. is this reasonable price? Thks

3-4 weeks between microneedling treatments

Thank you for your question and photos. In my practice we usually schedule microneedling treatments 3-4 weeks apart. I have found this to be the optimal time period to achieve results. Most microneedling devices are comparable, so I don't think there is much difference between Dermapen and Skinpen. PRP combined with microneedling provides great results. Prices for PRP will vary based on whether the PRP is applied topically or injected.

If considering PRP with microneedling treatments, I recommend having a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist familiar with both treatments who can help decide what's best for you.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Optimal time in between microneedling sessions

The  recommended time in between treatments is 4-6 weeks. As this is enough time to allow your skin to heal and the collagen production to take effect. You can do them in  3 week intervals if you feel it’s necessary and are in a rush to complete your treatments. 

Timing between treatments

I generally recommend 4-6 weeks.  Part of the process of microneedling is to injure the skin, causing it to grow new collagen and repair itself.  This needs that healing time before you repeat the process.  The PRP is done drawing your own blood, spinning it out in special tubes, and then using the Protein Rich Plasma on the skin as well as injected, depending on treatment and goals.  Prices I know range from $600 to $1800.

Dr. Powell

Timing between treatments

Dr. Powell

Microneedling

It's pretty standard to wait at least 4 weeks between microneedling sessions.  This allows enough time for healing and collagen-building before the next session.

It won't hurt to wait longer but coming in too soon after a session may not allow enough time to see the benefits from the previous treatment.

Microneedling

Microneedling (Eclipse MicroPen) results--Add prp and lasers

In our practice we schedule microneedling sessions every 3-6 weeks. We always combine microneedling (Eclipse Micropen) with prp and lasers to get the most robust results. Pricing will vary based on skill, technique and expertise. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer