I had breast augmentation (crease in breast fold) May 5. When can I resume isotretinoin to calm down rosacea, which has flared.

I hoped it would be safe in November or December. I'm not so sure anymore, incision sites are still purplish/reddish.

Accutane after breast augmentation

please consult your plastic surgeon to determine when the best time is to restart your  Accutane. You may need to wait longer than 6 months.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Accutane after Breast Augmentation, when can it be started

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your question. Every surgeon is different as accutane delays healing and is usually not recommended to be used for 12 months before any surgical intervention that may cause scarring. I would check with your surgeon and see how your scar is progressing especially if you feel that the scar is still less than ideal. An in person examination would be required to give you the best answer. Ask your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@accutane @breastaugmentation 
facebook @breastdoctor
twitter @docmata
instagram #drcarlosmata

Resumption of Isotretinoin

would be allowed in my patient who is more than 2 months post-op augmentation.  But you should always clear this with your surgeon to ensure that it won't cause you any issues, especially if your post-op recovery was complicated.

Curtis Wong, MD