Would getting a breast augmentation smooth out wrinkly nipples? (Photo)

I want breasts that fit my body and look natural but I am worried about my wrinkly nipples being more noticeable. What would you recommend me doing?

It’s possible that breast implants could stretch and smooth nipple wrinkles.

Thank you for your photos and your question. In short, the answer is “maybe.” When you create more volume inside the breast, the breast skin and the nipples do experience some stretching to accommodate the implant. How the nipple in particular will respond to the volume increase isn’t entirely predictable, but there’s a possibility that the implant could result in a smoother appearance of the nipple. There's also the possibility that the wrinkly appearance of the nipple would remain. There are ways to alter and improve the appearance of the nipple as part of your breast augmentation if this is of great concern to you. Be sure to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery and discuss your nipple concerns during your consultation visit. Best of luck to you. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a augmentation.  I do think it would improve your nipples. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Wrinkled skin and implants

The stretch marks on your skin will still likely be present and unlikely will stretch out where they are not noticeable.

BA/Wrinkled Skin

Thank you for your question and photo.  A breast augmentation with Implants will likely stretch out and smooth out your areolas somewhat. This will address the wrinkling but may increase their size. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon so that you know what to expect.

All the best

A breast augmentation will probably not change the shape of your nipples. It does stretch the areola in many women. If your nipples are of a concerns, you could consider a reduction. This alone can be done in the office under local anesthesia. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkly nipples

Once implants are placed they stretch out the breast skin as well as the aerola and makes all a lot smoother. This will improve the lines in your aerola and fill out some of the stretch marks in your skin. Your nipples are relatively large and if the augmentation does not help them enough you could consider a nipple reduction. Good luck.

Thanks for your inquiry. Nipple areole tissue is normally wrinkled. Augmentation will usually put some of that loose skin on stretch and therefore smoother and tighter. You have some Breast asymmetry. 

It is best for you to be evaluated by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon whose aesthetics are in line with your own. 

Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon