The scars are a result of your surgery and it appears you had a breast lift in addition to the augmentation. (In augmentation only, there are not scars all around the areola). If this is the only incision you had for a breast lift, then you had a peri-areolar lift and the elevated scars could be due to a purse string suture used for the procedure. A scar revision may be an option but a scar will always be present and can not be "fixed" with laser. The "bumps" on the areolar itself is normal.
It appears that you had some sort of lifting procedure. This always results in scarring such as you have. Most people think that a scar around the areolar is an invisible or at least inconspicuous scar, when in reality it is quite visible. Additionally, it appears that your procedure has been done some time ago (greater than 6 months-1 year) in which case, scar creams, gels, etc and to a lesser degree laser might not be that helpful. I would go to tattoo directly. Good luck.
It appears you had a doughnut lift at time of augmentation since it is not normal to go all around the areola. The scars you have are common for the operation you had. Silicone gel pads are first plan for 3-4 months then fraxel laser 3-4 times then tattooing scar with pigment to match your areola is the third stage of the improvement techniques I would offer. Final result in about a year. I agree in Boston can get this done. Good Luck!
Bumpy areolar scars after breast augmentation and donut lift
Thank you for asking about your peri-areolar scars.
- Depending on the age of the scars, silicone pads (eg Scar fade), or steroid injections or a scar revison would be options.
- There is no need to leave the Boston area to have this taken care of -
- The best option is your own plastic surgeon - unless s/he has told you there is nothing to be done.
- To change the color of the scar requires medical tattoo-ing.
- Or you can have a decorative tattoo to conceal it.
- Always see a Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS