I am unsure to go with 300cc or 315cc under the muscle with a poly implant? i want to look like a natural full c cup. (photos)

How to Choose Implant Size, for a Natural C Cup

Implant sizing is done by the Tebbet's High Five System, augmented by trying on gel sizers and using the Crisalix Virtual Reality Glasses in my practice.  Starting point is the breast width which indicates the size range for a natural appearing breast filling the breast from side to side and giving upper pole roundness without excessive fullness. Modification upward or downward is calculated depending on tissue laxity, distance from nipple to fold, and degree to which existing breast volume will contribute to the final breast volume with an implant. Then the gel sizers in this range are tried on in a bra in the office, and Crisalix imaging is done so the patient can see the chosen sizes on her own body in virtual reality. This works quite well to determine the size, and it is the woman who determines the size, not the doctor.  My role is to suggest different implant styles that may work well in a woman's particular anatomy, such as Allergan Natrelle or Inspira, and to protect a patient from trying to have an implant that is too large and incompatible with her breast base width.The patient can also log on to Crisalix after the consultation and see her images and share them with others if she wishes.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

15 cc's will not make or break your outcome...

and if you are like most patients, who wish they went larger, go with the 315 cc and don't look back.

Curtis Wong, MD

I am unsure to go with 300cc or 315cc under the muscle with a poly implant? i want to look like a natural full c cup.

The difference between 300 cc and 315cc is minimal. I would recommend you to go with the 315 cc.

Fred Suess, MD

The two options you have mentioned are not very different. You should try some sizers in your Plastic Surgeon office and discuss your goals with him. You can then decide on a kind of implant your want. You have very little breast tissue so under the muscle is a good choice.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Choice

Thank you for your question and photos. There isn't a major difference between these two options. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form fitting T-Shirt in the office in order to get a feel for how they will look and choose what feels most comfortable from the selections I have made.

I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon about your choice if you feel stuck.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute