Clotting After Gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions?

Hi I hade a Gynecomastia surgery 10 days ago I have this swollen and puffnes in the side of my chist above the surgery scar it feels soo Solid like 10 times firm before the surgery it almost feels like it is a rock and its the only place hurt when I touch it I don't think it's a gland because my doctor did only liposuction and he told me that he take everything out there is nothing left so I don't need an gland remove so my question is it is possible to be a Blood clotting or fluids clotting ?

Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Dear tala77, With no pictures to see and not having the opportunity to examine you before or after surgery, it is difficult to say other than in my very considerable experience doing gynecomastia surgery liposuction alone is not successful in removing the glandular component. As a matter of fact, by removing the surrounding subcutaneous fat it may make the remaining glandular tissue more apparent visually as well as by feeling. The glandular tissue is like tough hard scar tissue and that is why traditional liposuction alone is ineffective in removing it. If the area remains painful with a mass effect in two to three months you may need to consider a second opinion, but first give your operating plastic surgeon a chance to follow along with you. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Swelling Concern Following Gynecomastia Surgery

It's still quite early in your healing. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.
The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.
Additionally, your doctor may place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment.
If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Clotting and Gynecomastia

Contact your surgeon for an in person exam to confirm you are healing well without any fluid accumulation.  Wearing your compression garment will assist in healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Clotting After Gynecomastia surgery. Any suggestions? = follow up with your plastic surgeon #gynecomastia #healling

Patients with questions and concern about their gynecomastia reduction should contact the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure to address these concerns and determine if there is need any need of management

John Mesa, MD