Is Andractim a viable option for gynecomastia reduction rather than surgery?

Im a 21 year old male who has suffered from gyno for 7 years, I just recently been to the doctors this past year and I was diagnosed with a hormone imbalance, I wasn't given medication was just told to look after myself better with proper diet and exercise, since then I have dropped 30 pounds I see an endocrinologist soon and was wondering if andractim would lesson the appearance of it as it is still very noticeable and looks less proportionate now that I am in shape any feedback is appreciated

Options to Correct Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.The most common and reliable method to correct gynecomastia, is surgery.There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

You should follow up with an endocrinologist regarding the hormonal imbalance but ultimately surgery is the treatment of choice in your case. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Non-surgical treatment for gynecomastia?

Unfortunately, once gynecomastia has been established for more than two years, the only treatment is surgical removal.  You should, however, see an endocrinologist and check out your hormones.  Realize there is a huge variation in testosterone levels -- and testosterone supplementation is only needed for extreme cases.  Should that be your case, you must also monitor your estrogen levels as well.
For further info on gynecomastia, please consult my website referenced below -- it is solely devoted to gynecomastia.
Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACSNew York City