Can I get gyno removed at 18? Is there a payment plan? What is the typical price range? (Photo)

So I'm 18 and I was a bit naive at the time and I was unaware what kind of side effects a prohormone/ muscle enhancements had and now I have gyno and I'm at a low body fat. I get invited to pool parties and I'm embarrassed to take my shirt off or pretty much anywhere I go. I have to wear a compression tank everywhere I go. I can't wear most of the shirts I wear now due to my gyno. My point is that, is there a way I can get gyno removed at 18?

Cost of gynecomastia surgery

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Male Breast Reduction Price and Payment Plans

You appear to be a candidate for male breast reduction. Fees will range widely across the country and even in the same county. In our area, you should be looking at somewhere between $2800 to $5000 + MD Anesthesia related costs (if deemed to be necessary). There are a number of financing options available now so financing is available for most patients. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Options for gynecomastia.

Thanks for your question and your photo. I am glad that you have stopped the hormones, but they have left an effect on you. Even after taking hormones, men can still suffer from the side effects. You appear to be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery. I recommend you seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an examination and a full evaluation to discuss your best options. Most offices today offer financing of some sort. Care Credit is a popular options with Plastic Surgeons. I wish you the best.

Gynecomastia

this is one of the commenest stories I hear in my practice. Many of the large chain stores selling "food supplements" are filled with steroids  and you are not alone. Yes it's perfectly possible to operate on someone of your age with photographs as you show. Important thing is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon that does this operation routinely. It can all be performed through  a tiny almost invisible spot inside your armpit with no visible scar on the front of the Front of your chest. Hope this helps. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Can I get gyno removed at 18? Is there a payment plan? What is typical price range?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Prohormone induced gynecomastia often remains even after discontinuation of the hormones and only surgical correction will treat the increase in glandular tissue.  I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your current results and candidacy for correction.  Many offices offer financing options for patients to make the surgery more affordable, while costs will depend on your local geography.  Hope this helps.

Gynecomastia Concern at 18 Years Old

There are several common factors which contribute to gynecomastia. These include excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

Particularly, Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in males between the ages of 12 to 15 years old. It is also common for older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. #Normal Gynecomastia takes approximately one to two years to naturally regress on its own.

Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some with #Adolescent may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18.

Can I get gyno removed at 18? Is there a payment plan? What is the typical price range?

You are expressing the classic concerns of a gynecomastia patient and surgery can help with re-contouring your chest. Care Credit is one of the more known companies who offer payment plans. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Male Breast Reduction

Hi, Thank you for  your question. At 18 you can have gynecomastia surgery. From the pictures it appears like you would be a good candidate for it. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to discuss the best options for you. Most plastic surgeons offer some kind of payment plan through care credit. Prices can vary based on each procedure.  

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Can I get gyno removed at 18? = yes it is possible #gybecomastia #malebreastsurgery #manboobs

Yes, gynecomastia could be removed at age 18 with either simple excision, liposuction or combination or both (excision and liposuction).Although gynecomastia is commonly secondary to bodybuilding hormonal supplementation, it is important to get a full workout from the primary care physician to make sure there is no hidden unknown cause.
Is there a payment plan?Yes, in mu office I offer payment plants through 2 financing companies: care credit and alpheon credit.What is the typical price range?It depends where the plastic surgeon is located. In my case, since I work both in New York City and New Jersey the total price (surgeons fee, operating room fee and anesthesia fee) ranges between $5,000 and $8,000 

John Mesa, MD

Gynecomastia issue

Hello,  thank you for your question and photo.  The answer is Yes.  The treatment will be direct resection of the gland.  You are a really good candidate for the procedure.  Please visit a local certified PS for a correct treatment.  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD