How do I improve the side profile of my chin? (Photo)

I'm 19 & unsure of how to improve the profile of my chin. My face is already long so I'm hoping not to elongate it much further. I'm not sure if I should go for fillers, genioplasty, implant, or ramal augmentation. My chin is very recessed and I have a 50% overbite (dentist says overbite is not an issue). I want to elongate my chin a bit but I also don't want the indent (space between my bottom lip and chin) to be too prominent. Two profiles are shown of what I hope my side profile be

Improving your profile

There is definitely room for improvement here, especially considering the photos that indicate your ideal. i would recommend a chin implant. BUT, I think some sculpting of the nose is also  a good idea, again considering the ideals  you have proffered.

Improving Chin Profile

A solid silicone chin/jowl implant placed through a small incision under the chin will improve your profile and jawline definition. A sliding genioplasty could also be done but this is a more invasive procedure.

How do I improve the side profile of my chin?

The side profile photographs demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can improve significantly.  Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and are manufactured in a large  variety sizes and shapes. The implants are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  In our practice, we use Implantech chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate.  For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Profile

You appear to have a lower jaw which is 'underdeveloped/overbite significant'; so that a lower jaw advancement with orthodontic alignment of the teeth is likely the most ideal. However, if you wish to 'avoid' orthodontics and simply make the lower jaw 'look' stronger, a combination of a genioplasty and ramal and jawline augmentation would be a consideration

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

The most effective method for bringing the chin forward with some elongation is a sliding genioplasty. This is particularly relevant in someone who is very young. Once you move the bone and it heals, there are no future problems that can ever occur. A deep labiomental fold is a problem in any chin augmentation where the chin comes forward. It may not worsen due to the elongation of the chin but may also require fat grafting to reduce it.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.