Why does my chin still look the same after chin implant? (photos)

Even this it's still swollen but once it's not, it'll look even smaller. Just had chin implant 4 days ago. My chin look nothing diff from before. I feel like it needs to be longer to make my face more slimmer, long and narrow. What can I do at this point? Can I get it redone right away since it only been 4 days.

Unhappy with chin implant after 4 days

Thank you for asking about your chin implant.

It is truly too early to judge your result four days after surgery. You are very swollen and your face will look wider for now. Please see your plastic surgeon and review your before and after photos, discuss your concerns and be prepared to wait six weeks to have an idea of your result and six months to see your final result. If you do not like the result, a larger implant can be placed. later. Usually the only reason to re-operate early is to remove an infected implant or to reposition an implant that has moved out of position.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post op chin implant

It is difficult to judge your result at just 4 days post op.  The swelling can distort the contour changes from the implant you had placed.  Give it time to see how things look when all the swelling is resolved.  If not happy after healing is complere, you can have something done.  To try and replace the implant while still swollen will decrease the chances of a good result.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD