Will this hard internal lump on my forehead disappear after lipoma removal surgery? (Photo)

I had my 1 inch or less lipoma "excised" 1 month ago from my forehead. It literally took my surgeon 5 minutes at the most, for the surgery. including injecting anesthesia, waiting for the area to numb, stitching and the surgery itself. Now I have a hard bump on my forhead triple the size where the lipoma was. The scar on the top layer of my skin is almost gone already. I was told massage the hard lump, it softens just a tiny bit after hours of massage but It collects harder than before after 30 mins

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

I would discuss with your surgeon. You may have a seroma or hematoma that is causing the swelling. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Will this hard internal lump on my forehead disappear after lipoma removal surgery?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I would definitely see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  You have most likely developed a fluid collection in the form of a hematoma or seroma that should be aspirated.  This will hopefully allow for sealing of your skin back down to the underlying tissues preventing reaccumulation.  Hope this helps.