Is there ANY other way besides surgery to flatten my protruding ears (permanently)?

I am in my mid twenties and am discouraged because I can't seem to find a way to fix this besides surgery. Is there no other way to persuade the cartilage to grow flatter?

Is there ANY other way besides surgery to flatten my protruding ears (permanently)

There is not a non-surgical way to "flatten protruding ears" in children or adults. The cartilages stiffen very soon after birth, possibly due to the rapid disappearance of the maternal estrogens. Newborns with protruding ears and various other abnormalities in shape can, however, find benefit in a non-surgical procedure using EarWell. I have developed this non-invasive approach and it works well on most every abnormality in ear shape when treatment is begun within the first week or so of birth.
Protruding ears can be inherited so if you happen to have a son or daughter born with this trait, the Earwell website can direct you to a qualified caregiver.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Non-surgical ways to flatten protruding ears

As infants, the ears are pliable, particularly during the first few days and weeks after birth. At this point, the ears can be shaped and held in place with splints or other devices to allow the shape of the ear to be altered. After the first few months of life, the success of this technique drops dramatically, and is definitely not an option in an adult.

Otoplasty is a surgical procedure to reshape the external ear to a more cosmetically-pleasing shape or position and has very high satisfaction rates. A consultation with a surgeon specializing in facial aesthetics can be very helpful to discuss the details of the procedure and answer any questions that arise.

Non surgical treatment for protruding ears

Unfortunately, given your age, there are no effective non surgical treatments for prominent ears. Babies who have prominent ears can often be effectively treated with external splints that pin the ears back, and so surgery is avoided. This technique only works with the very young, whose ear cartilage is still pliable.

Having said all that, prominent ear correction is a safe and effective procedure from which patients recover rapidly. The scar is hidden in the fold behind the ear and the results tend be very good.

Is there ANY other way besides surgery to flatten my protruding ears?

No, there is no effective nonsurgical modality to  set back prominent yours.  A well executed otoplasty procedure will likely be in your best interests.  Seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to learn more. Best wishes.

Otoplasty to Flatten Protruding Ears

Considering you are in your mid-twenties, the structure of your ears is already developed and matured and the only way to alter it at this point would be through an otoplasty surgery. It is important to note than an otoplasty is a cosmetic surgery intended to alter the ears to make them more aesthetically-pleasing and to improve the patient’s self-image. There is no resulting improvement in functionality of the ears, and thus the surgery is a personal decision that is not necessary should the patient not be fully committed to what it entails. Still, if you are in fact considering an otoplasty surgery, I highly suggest that you schedule a consultation appointment with a plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about the procedure and to evaluate your candidacy in person.

Otoplasty to Flatten Protruding Ears

Otoplasty

At   you age the best option is to do the surgery  to set your ears back, other option would not work at this age. 
Ali Totoncho M.D.

Otoplasty

Ali Totoncho M.D.

Otoplasty in adults

In the adult with protruding ears, otoplasty is the standard method.  At this point molding and shaping are not known to work.  Many adults are coming in to have their ears addressed nowadays.  Best to see an experienced surgeon.  Ask questions and look at his/her photos. 

Otoplasty in adults

Protruding ears in adults

will not mold to any external pressures.  This does work in newborns and hopefully more doctors will recommend that to babies with obvious protruding ears.  For you, all you have left is surgery or a different hairstyle that will camouflage them.

Protruding ears in adults

At your age protruding ears can only be pinned with the traditional methods of otoplasty or with the minimally invasive stitch method.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Only if you are an infant

When babies are born there is some opportunity to bend the Cartledge. Sometimes with infants a headband or mold can create a new and permanent shape if the child is treated in the first month or two of life. Beyond that the 

Only if you are an infant