What is the difference between a face lift and facial rejuvenation?

Facelift and Facial Rejuvenation Differences

Facial rejuvenation is the correction of aging changes of the face. It can be done using skin care, lasers and peels, injectables or surgery. The surgery can be a "facelift," brow lift, eyelid lift or any of several other procedures. The term "Facelift" actually refers to the surgical rejuvenation of the lower face and neck, but, the way many people use it can include surgery to the face, neck, cheeks eyes and brow.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift versus Facial Rejuvenation

Hi Rose.  I suppose the definition of terms varies among surgeons and patients.  Generally speaking, "Facial rejuvenation" is a global term, with the objective being to improve the face.  This may include surgical procedures, such as facelift and eyelid surgery, and may refer to non-surgical procedures, such as laser, Botox, and facial filler.  For the most part, a "facelift" refers to the surgical procedure intended to re-drape and re-suspend the collapse of facial tissue that occurs over time.  I hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and facial rejuvenatiopn

A facelift is one procedure that rejuvenates the face.  Other procedures include blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and  brow lifts.
For examples, please see the link below

Facelift or Facial Rejuvenation

As stated, facelift is a surgical procedure while facial rejuvenation is really a concept of attaining and maintaining a youthful appearance. It incorporates skin care, surgical and non-surgical options. I like to tell patients that a facelift will restore the architecture by elevating the sagging tissues and tightening the loose skin, but it alone does not slow down the aging process. That is accomplished with the other treatment options to improve your skin texture, complexion, and improve collagen production.

Considering a Facelift

Options for facial rejuvenation include facelift, fillers, and noninvasive skin tightening, as well as laser peels. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenation

Skin rejuvenation is usually accomplished by using a specific skin care line to help with things like fine lines and wrinkles to sun damage. Face lift is a surgical procedure designed to surgically enhance and rejuvenate the skin.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift versus facial rejuvenation

A facelift is a type of facial rejuvenation procedure. Rejuvenation refers to making you look more fresh, rested, and younger. There are both surgical and non-surgical methods of doing this. Non-surgical methods of facial rejuvenation include lasers, botox, and dermal fillers. These can correct subtle signs of aging. For sagging of tissue such as jowling and a turkey neck, surgery, such as a facelift are required to rejuvenate the face. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift is part of facial rejuvination.

Facial rejuvenation consists of facelift, browlift, eyelid lift, chemical peel. facial laser, chin implant, cheek implant, midface lift,  and other such entities.   Do you see the difference?  My Best, Dr C

The difference between facelift Andfacial rejuvenation.

The facelift refers to an operation to make the face look more youthful. Facial rejuvenation refers to any therapy including injectable therapy to make the face look younger.

A facelift is a form of facial rejuvenation.  Facial rejuvenation could include a host of things, both surgical and nonsurgical.