Are implants marked referring to my right or doctor's view of my right on Mentor implant ID Card?

I have implants with 100cc difference. My ID card says my "Right" implant is 100cc more. Is it my right or someone (doctor) looking at me...right side? I hope this makes sense. Just want to know which is which? I am right handed and feel that it is my right that is larger by feeling them.

Breast Implants

Right and left refer to your right and left not someone who is looking at you.  This is always the case in medicine as reference is made to our anatomy.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Left and right refers to your anatomic left or right.  The 'right side' is your right on your ID card.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

It is standard to mark the implants as they are placed anatomically. The right is the implant that is on your right side and the left is the implant that is on your left side. The different size implants were used to help correct natural asymmetries but there is usually subtle remaining differences between two breasts.

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

They should be marked for YOUR left and right breast. Stranger things have happened than the wrong breasts being labelled, so if you arent sure, speak with your surgeon. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Breast implant information

Thanks for your inquiry.  Left and right refers to your anatomic left or right.  Your right implant is on your right breast, the one you are right handed.  Hope that helps, good luck!

It usually means your anatomic right side. You can always call your doctor to make sure, but this is pretty standard.

Your right your left.

Hello girlnextdoor. Great question. The card usually refers to your actual right and your left breast and not the doctor's view. If your concerned, speak with your surgeon and review what was done during surgery. I'm sure they will be happy to go through with the steps with you. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD