Can I get micro needling collagen induction therapy (CIT) over a pacemaker scar if performed by a medical aesthetician?

I have neurocardiogenic syncope and have had a Medtronic pacemaker implant for 1 yr. I have had no other heart problems before and my doctor assured me this disorder is due to genetic anomalies and my environment.My pacemaker only comes on when I need it (typically I have a low resting heart rate and it drops when I'm in extreme heat or standing for a long time) and brings my heart rate back to around 100 so that I don't pass out.Can I have micro needling performed by a medical esthetitican?

Microneedling over a pacemaker scar

Hello and thank you for your question. As long as you have medical clearance from your cardiologist, microneedling is an excellent choice to help diminish scars. Hope this helps.

Needling can be done on scars regardless of what's under unless the pacemaker is in the depth of the needles.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can I have micro-needling with a Pacemaker?

I recommend you be evaluated by your cardiologist. In stressful situations, your heart rate can rise above normal, so I would prefer you have clearance prior to any cosmetic procedure. As for true contraindications to micro-needling-having a pacemaker is not one of them.
I hope this helps you.#microneedling #pacemaker #sycope