Microneedling in boxcars in the temple area (Photo)

I'm 35 year old female, I've battled with acne scars single my early 20's. I resently performed 4 sessions of microneedling with a 1mm dermaroller and dermastamp in some boxcars in the temple area but since the 2nd I've noticed widening of the scars. I'm really worry if this is gonna be permanent, so my question if what happened to me is frequent and if so should I continuing microneedling ?

Subcsion, fillers and energy based needling with PRP

Best treated with a combination of INFINI RF micro needling and PRP, aim for 3 sessions followed by filler and subcision, this will give great and predictable results for acne scars in this area. regards, Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

this type of scarring requires fillers, microneedling, and lasers in combination. Please see an expert Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling for scars

Hello! Thank you for your question, and for sharing your photographs. In my opinion, 1mm depth microneedling will get you exactly nowhere with scars. You need at least 2.5mm of depth, and I personally like to stamp as deep as 3mm on individual scars themselves. This does results in a bit more downtime - but in my experience if you do not get down to the bottom of the scar tissue with the needles, you will not see a full response. Also - adding something like PRP could also help induce a healing response - but only if it is delivered deep enough in the tissue to work. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Microneedling With PRP For Acne Scars

Hello and thank you for your question. If you really want the best results I would recommend microneedling with PRP, not a dermaroller or dermastamp. Micro needling creates microscopic pinpoint “wounds”. The body responds by creating new elastin and collagen. The skin then heals smooth. Microneedling is done by a medical professional with a device that your provider controls the depth and the speed. The provider is able to go deeper to repair the scarring. We treat many patients with acne scars and we achieve excellent results.