Would microneedling be a good choice for skin maintenance even if you don't have an orange peel complexion?

I have been curious about using micro needling for regular skin maintenance, but wonder if it may be overkill because I do not possess an orange peel complexion. I am 56. I am experiencing some skin laxity (slight jowling), fine lines, and some pores becoming more obvious in size, but I do not have a bad complexion. I use Retin-A at night with a moisturizer with AHA in it. During the day, I use a moisturizer with a sunscreen. Thank you for your attention to my question! :-)

Microneedling with PRP-Skin Maintenance

MicroNeedling Therapy is a great choice for you from what your are describing.  The RejuvaPen causes micro-injuries to the skin, causing a healing cascade which ultimately creates new collagen and elastin cells.  The treatment also allows for an increased absorption of products.  Skin becomes firmer and regains elasticity.  Fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced, pores become finer, circulation is stimulated and the overall condition of the skin improves. You may also try combining MicroNeedling Therapy with Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy which also helps to revitalize the skin.

Microneedling for Skin Maintenance

Thanks for your question!  Microneedling is a fantastic way to fight the aging process.  By stimulating new collagen induction, microneedling can help combat fine lines and wrinkles, regardless of skin complexion.  Be sure to consult with someone experienced in deep microneedling.  Best of luck to you!

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I do a combination of lasers, microneedling/PRP and skin care for antiaging in the majority of my patients. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling with PRP- Skin Rejuvenatation

Hello Mehsmom,Thank you for your question. Microneedling is excellent treatment for total skin rejuvenation. The idea is to prevent the aging so doing treatments that boost collagen production are key to anti aging! Microneedling will help tighten the skin, even out skin tone, smooth the lines and pores with minimal down time. Enjoy your treatment!

Microneedling and skin maintenance

Thank you for your question. Microneedling is fantastic for routine skin maintenance. The key to skin maintenance is prevention. Once fine lines, skin and fat atrophy (thinning), and sagging occur, it is much more difficult to treat without surgery or other invasive procedures. Microneedling is considered a less aggressive yet effective technique because it manually pushes your cells aside to create channels for new collagen to form. There is no burning, foreign substances, or induced thermal damage to stimulate collagen. You may consider doing microneedling 3-4/year for routine maintenance or to target specific areas. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician