Would I benefit from a fat transfer under the eyes?

Fat transfer under the eyes

I love fat transfer and perform it regularly.  To me you look very young and I think you have nice features.  You natural anatomy shows a large deep orbit and orbital rim that may benefit from volume but maybe a little later in life.  That being said I have performed fat transfer on very young patients to add dimension and shape in various areas of the face and they've been very happy.  I'd suggest some Restylane first so you can see what it might look like.  Restylane injections are both temporary and reversible and would be a good low risk low cost option to try first.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfers to Lower Eyelid Margins

Close up pictures of your eyes would be helpful. Having said that it does appear you have depressions at the lower eyelid margins which can be augmented with fillers such as Restylane or injections of fat. There are advantages and disadvantages of each. Consult with a surgeon experienced with both techniques because the injection of fat can cause significant problems if not done precisely. In patients with bags this fat can be transferred to fill the hallows but it does not appear that this technique would be appropriate for you.

Lower lid fat transfer

what doesn't come thru in the picture is whether you have a step off and a shadow or mainly skin pigmentation or both.  Fillers and fat fix indentations. Not much fixes pigmentation. 

You look young and pretty. The problem with using fat is that fat grows with weight gain, sometimes without weight gain. The surgeon has no control over it. So if you gain weight, get pregnant get menopausal, the fat grows, which almost never looks good and is VERY hard to remove in that location. It can happen years later. 

If you must do a filler there stick with ha fillers like restylane, not juvederm. Not fat. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Treatment option for under eye hollowness, dark circles

There are different treatment options to improve under eye hollowness and dark circles. They include 1) Filler injection; 2) Fat injection; 3) Lower blepharoplasty; 4) Tear trough implant.  Each has its pros and cons. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to face

Thanks for the picture and question.  It is hard to answer that question without seeing some more pictures and seeing what your goals are. In general, fat grafting to the midface and lower eyelid adds natural volume to give you a fuller and more youthful appearance.  I presume that is what you're looking for.  Get a consultation with a local surgeon who's comfortable with fat grafting to review the benefits.  Good luck.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon