Is there any evidence, scientific or anecdotal, that silastic implants could be affected on long haul flights?

I have been asked to do a 11 hour flight. Last time I was generally unwell - muscle pain, nausea, head aches, fatigue - after the outbound journey, then much worse for 4weeks after my return. Could my silastic implants have been affected by cabin pressure? Thank you

Flights

No, from my  knowledge, there doesn't appear to be evidence to prove that silicone implants can be effected by long durtation air travel.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Could I be sick from my implants?

Thanks for the question.  As far as I know, there is no evidence that I am aware of.  Check periodically with your Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and flying

Hi there Joanne

There is no evidence anecdotal or scientific that would indicate that breast implants are affected by air travel.

This would be something very easy to establish were it related to implants

Best wishes

Richard

Implants and cabin pressure

I have never heard of silastic implants causing problems as you describe. It might be a good idea to have yourself checked out by your internist.

Thank you for your question. There is no evidence that breast implants are affected by changes in cabin pressure during flying

Breast implants and cabin pressure?

No, there is no evidence of any kind that breast implants are affected by cabin pressure or long flights. Best wishes.