How long after a breast implants do I need to wait to start bowling again?

I am getting my BA in 2 weeks and need to know if I can return to bowling the first of the new year. I am getting the silicone implanted under the muscle. I am hoping eight weeks will be enough time.

Bowling Following Breast Surgery

Your plastic surgeon should have given you post operative instructions during your consultation or prior to surgery. If not, you should schedule a follow up appointment to address your concerns. It generally takes 6-8 weeks of healing before one can be released to return to unrestricted activity. 

Bowling after breast augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry.  If you are well healed, eight weeks seems right, but make sure surgeon agrees that you are well healed.  

Bowling after breast implant surgery

In most cases, you can resume bowling within 4-6 weeks after surgery . This is a question that you should review with you surgeon before your procedure so you can plan accordingly .

You  should seek a consultation with a board - certified plastic surgeon .

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bowling 8 weeks after a breast augmentation would gusually be no problem.

You should discuss your post-op activities with your surgeon who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). It is important to follow all her or his pre and post-operative instructions.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bowling After Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your question! Ha! There must be some serious going on bowling down there in Temple (I'm in practice up in Lubbock). 

In my practice of doing thousands of implant surgeries, I would tell you that the high odds are that after 4-6 weeks you should be able to do any sort of activity, including going for 300! 

However, there are always setbacks that can delay this recovery timeline, and yes you should discuss this with your own board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you both in surgery & in the lanes!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

For my patients, I recommend no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Of course you must follow the specific advice of your board certified plastic surgeon as to when you can go bowling again.  However in my experience even with breast implants placed under the muscle I would expect you to be able to bowl by 8 weeks after surgery.

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities. He/she will know exactly what was done, how you are progressing, and exactly what type of activities you are returning to. 

Generally, I suggest patients gradually ease back into the strenuous aerobic exercise 4 to 6 weeks postoperatively, assuming that they are doing well and there have been no complications. Lower body exercise can generally be resumed 2 weeks postoperatively. Use common sense, listen to your body, and gradually resume previous activity. In my practice, I ask patients to avoid contact and strenuous exercise involving the pectoralis major muscles ( such as push-ups, bench press, burpees, dancing on a pole…) for at least 3-6 months.  

Generally speaking, it will be important for you to return to activities in a very gradual/cautious fashion.  Again, "listen to your body" as you do so. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.