I love the full size of my areolas. Can that be preserved? Most of the breast lifts I see have small areolas. (photos)

I love the full look of my areolas and all the pictures I see show much ich smaller ones after a breast lift. On Snapchat I see a device that even cuts out a small circle and the doctors cut off most of the areola.

Preserving size of areolae

It is possible to preserve the size of your areolae with a breast lift. Just make your wishes known to your surgeon. However, you should know that your areolae may be reshaped just to maintain a proportionate result. 

Find the right surgeon to answer all your questions!

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a mastopexy

Areolas

Thank you for your question and photo.  Yes, during a breast lift you can preserve the size of the areola.  Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to further discuss your concerns. 

Large areola

Yes you can preserve the size of the areola during breast lift procedure. Typically you do have areola reduced to match the lifted breasts. Typically a more youthful breast has a smaller areola that is why it is typically reduced. This can however be preserved. Best of luck

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

I love the full size of my areolas. Can that be preserved? Most of the breast lifts I see have small areolas.

Thank you for your question. In general areola is reduced in breast lift. If you want to maintain the size of your areola it can be done. Please talk to your PS.

Areola size

Usually the areola is reduced a bit, and yes a cookie cutter allows one tomato a circle around the  nipple. They can be made larger or small.  Best of luck.

Your areolas can stay as big as you want

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If you like the size of your areolas, that can certainly be maintained.  There will be crisper edges to them however.  Make sure you communicate this clearly to your surgeon multiple times and especially when he or she is marking you for surgery.  Hope this helps.-JGH

Areola size

It is possible to request larger areolas although there are some limitations technically and also the way you heal often dictates the final result. Also the technique can vary the diameter. Discuss your wishes with your PS

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Yes, the full size of your areolas can be preserved with either an uplift or a reduction mammoplasty. The reason areolas are made smaller with these procedures is because most women request them to be smaller. 
Thank you for your question and photos. 

Thank you for your question.  Although many women get their areolas reduced, you can certainly maintain the size of your areolas during a breast lift.  Be sure to communicate your goals to your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS