How long to you have to wear a compression bra after Breast lift surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Garment usage following a breast lift

Thank you for this wonderful question! I typically will request my patients to wear their compression garment 24 hours a day 7 days a week with only removing to shower for 4 weeks post-operative from a standard breast lift surgery. I find that this to be beneficial for both support and control of swelling. I would suggest following up with you Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as he/she may have a slight variation on their post-surgical requirements that are specific for your care. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

Patrick Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment post Breast Augment

Thanks so much for your question. You should definitely check with your surgeon as to what his/her protocols are for post care as some women require a garment and some do not. Surgical garments may be worn for up to 6 weeks if they are needed. A good supportive bra will be your best friend in the future to ensure that your breasts are supported and to reduce chance of complication. Hope this helps

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon