I have no definition in my lips. Will lip fillers help or be suitable for me?

As you can see in the photo I have no real definitive lines in my lips. I would love to have a clear Cupid's bow and more definition. Would lip filler help, or would my lips end up looking like 2 pink slugs??

Treating a lack of lip definition

For patients lacking lip definition (common as we get older), injecting the filler into the border (vermillion) of the lip rather than the body of the lip can be quite effective & natural looking in defining the lip border.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation using a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane Silke or Juvederm Ultra will be the best option to provide soft, natural appearing lips.  In addition both of those fillers are reversible.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Lip augmentation and central upper lip

I agree with your assessment. Often times, surgeons augment the entire lip and it can give a sausage like or unnatural appearance. The best option would be to augment the Cupid's bow area including the philtrum (the white portion above Cupid's bow) in order give better definition to that region. The philtral ridge often flattens with the aging process or is poorly developed and a more natural and youthful appearance can be accomplished with that area corrected. I would seek a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has added expertise in the lip anatomy. Good luck in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers, fat and implants can all be used to augment the lips and give it shape.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, but it appears that lip augmentation with a filler like Juvederm Ultra plus is a nice option. If you like the look, fat transfer is a more permanent alternative. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip augmentation - definition

Thanks for your question. The pictures show that you may have good lip volume but less definition. I would suggest thread lift to define the lip outlines. Thread lift is great for this purpose and it last much longer than lip fillers.

Lip definition

Thank you for your pictures! I really like that you know exactly what you want - and you are correct with your assessment as well.  When discussing lip augmentation with filler, there are three different problems - lip definition, lip volume, and lip hydration.  Each problem has a different solution, often times with varying amounts of different product.  Restylane silk or juvederm ultra have the perfect consistency for subtle improvements in definition.  I suggest you discuss your concerns in great detail with your physician as they will be able to tell you the expectations and limitations of using product on your lips based on their motion, pliability, etc during physical exam.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Conservative Lip Augmentation For Definition

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation for contouring/definition with a small amount of Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes! 

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. Filler can definitely be used to help reshape your lips, but this needs to be done carefully and safely for an optimal result. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

I have no definition in my lips. Will lip fillers help?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  I agree that you have good volume for your lips and if uninteresting in adding to them I would recommend a thinner hyaluronic acid based dermal filler, such as Restylane silk or Juvederm ultra,  to add definition to your lips. Hope this helps.