Plastic surgeons - do you mail your patients? Why did they ask for my address?

Please help I can't get mail from this place to my house... I went to a plastic surgery place for a consultation(my parents would never allow me to do this so that's why I don't want them getting any mail) and at the consultation they gave me paperwork to fill out asking about allergies and for my address and stuff and I wrote my address. Will they be sending me ads and stuff? Will my parents know what I'm doing because of this? Should I call the office and ask them to erase my address?

Home Address And Privacy

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest that you contact your plastic surgeon's office to request that you not receive any communication via standard mail to your home address and to clarify your preferred method of communication.  In general, patient privacy is taken very seriously, so it should be no problem to accommodate your request.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Address of patients

If you do not want to be contacted at your home address I suggest that you consult the office and tell them.  It is standard at every doctor's office to ask for your address and contact information.  Best, Dr. Green

Why did they ask for my addresss?

Thank you for your excellent question.  If you are concerned about receiving mailers talk to your surgeon's office and tell them what your preferred method of communication is - email, phone, etc.  They should be able to help avoid home mailers.  Hope this helps.

Privacy via Mail

I suggest contacting the office and asking them to take your mailing address off of your chart to ensure you do not receive any mail at that particular address. Best, Dr. Emer

Plastic surgeons - do you mail your patients?

Call the office and ask them to remove your physical address from any mailings. They should be able to do this for you easily. If possible, I would also recommend having an honest conversation with your parents about your concerns and reasons for consulting with a plastic surgeon. I am sure that you would appreciate their understanding and support. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your privacy

Thank you for your question. I would suggest calling them back and letting them know you do not wish to receive any mailings.  This way you can be sure they wont send anything out by accident.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon