Gynecomastia - nipple collapse?

Hi- i had a consult regarding gynecomastia surgery and the surgeon recommended that he do vaser liposuction only and not take any gland. The reason for this being that my skin is thin and i run the risk of my nipple collapsing if the gland were to be removed. I have done alot of research and have not come across this before- so wanted to understand if this is common?

Gynecomastia - nipple collapse?

Thank you for the question.  I would recommend an in person or virtual consultation to evaluate what is the proper treatment.  Good luck.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Last contacted 4 hours ago

Gynecomastia

Many times I will perform liposuction only and tell patients that they m ay need director excision of gland if the liposuction does not get the desired results completely.  This helps minimize the risk of what your surgeon stated which is a risk of over resection of the tissue under the areola.

Last contacted 22 hours ago