Needling for marionette lines, and jowls. (photo)

I have been truing needling to tighten my skin in order to avoid more wrinkles around my mouth, and to tighten jowls. I would love to see a doctor for these problems, but I make 12 dollars an hour, and there is no chance that I can even come close to affording it. Is there any advice I can get? And will needling even help me at all?

Needling for marionette lines, and jowls.

Hello sbogar, Thanks for your question.  Microneedling is best for improving complexion and fine lines.  For improved skin tightness there are medical grade skin care options, chemical peels, and lasers/light therapies.  Visiting with a local med spa, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon can help you find an economical solution.  That being said, one of the easiest things to do to slow down the process of wrinkles is as follows: stop smoking, drink more water, use sunscreen with an SPF > 50, and add daily oral vitamin C to maximize collagen production.  Consistent, daily care of the skin will yield rewards. Good luck, Dr. Shah 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling Safety and Results -- JAWLINE

Needling does very little for lifting or volume, it only helps complexion and pores and fine lines.  I like it with lasers and PRP.  Best, Dr. Emer.