Doctor recommends micro needling spaced one to two weeks apart. Can this be right?

The plastic surgeon's office where I am considering getting micro needling uses the CosmoPen. Their recommendation is " a series of 3-6 treatments, spaced one to two weeks apart. " From everything I have read, the standard recommendation is 3 treatments spaced a month apart at minimum. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Microneedling treatments

In our practice, we usually suggest MicroNeedling treatments 3-4 weeks apart.  We don’t have a standard recommendation on how many treatments.  We try to tailor this to the individual patient's skin type and expectations. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

It depends how fast you recover, generally 3-4 weeks between treatments is standard

Thank you for your question. Typically in my practice, I space microneedling treatments 3-4 weeks apart, as this is the usual time it takes most people to recover from the treatment and rebuild new collagen, and this is the time frame that seems to yield the best results.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling- SEEK AN EXPERT

Microneedling promotes growth and production of new collagen which takes about 14 days. Because of this, it is commonly suggested to treat with microneedling monthly. Performing this treatment every week will not produce optimal results. Best, Dr. Emer 

Microneedling spaced 3-4 weeks apart

Hello Npp711,

A single treatment can provide a noticeable result, ideally however a series of 3-6 treatments spaced about 3-4 weeks apart, is recommended to achieve optimal results. Between treatments we recommend the use of suitable home care products.

Hope this helps!
Dr Faraz
.

Microneedling facial frequency

Thanks for your question. I would agree that the standard spacing of microneedling treatments is every 3 to 4 weeks as we want to allow the skin sufficient time to heal and produce collagen from the treatment that has been delivered. There is no need to do them closer together.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician