I had a BBL 11 weeks ago - when can I return to my exercise routine? Will it melt the injected fat or build muscle? (Photo)

Hi, I has bbl 11 weeks ago with great results. Wondering if I can go back to routine exercise of stairmaster 1 hour day x 5 times plus weights and squats? Will that melt fat injected or will that build muscle? I'm 41 years old btw Thanks docs

11 weeks out from BBL

I encourage my patients to return to normal exercise and activities by around 6-8 weeks after surgery. While most exercise does build muscle (especially if you are doing the stair climber it does focus on your gluteal area), it can theoretically cause some of your fat to disappear. Transferred fat tends to grow/shrink with weight loss and gain just as fat in any part of your body would do. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

It is best to consult your operating plastic surgeon and adhere to his/her advice. The typical amount of time I recommend for patients to refrain from their normal exercise routine is somewhere between 2-3 months from the procedure, but again I suggest following the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Brazilian Butt Lift Results

Thank you for your question! I typically recommend my patients to wait 3 months to return to normal exercise.  Consult with your doctor and follow all post op.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift

I recommend holding exercise for at least 2-3 months following fat grafting.  Once the fat is incorporated into your body, then it will undergo the same physiology as your normal fat does.  Another words, yes, it can, depending on the type of exercising that you do.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

I had a BBL 11 weeks ago - when can I return to my exercise routine? Will it melt the injected fat or build muscle?

Best is to consult with your plastic surgeon. Every surgeon has his own aftercare protocol.
Generally speaking, in my practice, I let my patients proceed with unrestricted activity from 3 months onwards. The fat at this point has already set in and is part of you body in terms of any future changes. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS