Which would you recommend; Z-Wave or manual massage after CoolSculpting?

I heard that using Z-Wave after CoolSculpting is better than a manual massage. Is this true? I want to get the most out of my coolsculpting treatments.

Z Wave Post Coolsculpting

Zwave enhances the results of coolsculpting, there are studies that show this over massage alone.  Anyone who does coolsculpting should have Z Wave.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Immediately after Coolsculpting treatment, massage is very important. It helps break down the fat cells and  improves your results by 60 percent.

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Manual massage is fine for best results 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Massage After Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great way to freeze a bulge by 25% in a given area.  An important part of the process is massage after coolsculpting.  It does not matter whether it is Z-wave or massage as long as the applicator is placed properly and the area treated correctly.

Z-Wave vs. CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question. You will most likely get varying opinions. Z-wave and manual massage are both effective. In addition, the proper application of massage is imperative.

Hope this helps,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Using Z-Wave After CoolSculpting

You will probably get different opinions to your questions. I don't really think it makes a difference either way. We do a manual massage and get great results consistently. The best thing you can do to get the most out of your CoolSculpting treatments is to find an experienced physician provider and maintain a healthy diet and active lifestyle after your treatments. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon