Will Coolsculpting on upper arms help tighten loose skin? (photos)

I've been reading all the different alternatives to tightening loose skin. Would CoolSculpt or something similar help in my case? Or a mini-arm lift which I asked before, but forgot to post picture. Thank you!

Skin Tightening for Arms

I have found Thermage the best non-invasive method for skin tightening.  The procedure takes about 90 minutes and is painless.  Cool sculpting will not help you in this area because it only reduces the fat and that is not your problem from the photo.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist in your area who has a great deal of experience with Thermage and other non-invasive cosmetic treatments for the best results.

CoolSculpting vs. Liposuction/Arm Lift for Skin Tightening

CoolSculpting is targeted at freezing fat cells, and thus has no direct impact on surrounding skin cells. And, as CoolSculpting is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive solution to removing extra bodily fat, skin-tightening results are realistic within a certain range. If you are looking for the most effective solution to tighten loose skin, however, surgical solutions such as liposuction or an arm lift procedure will provide you with more noticeable, effective results. Consult with a board certified physician to determine which approach would be most in line with your expectations. 

Miguel Delgado, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolculpting can tighten the skin bait, but it seems like you have looser skin that may need another modality

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting

We have used CoolSculpting very successfully to reduce fat on the arms and some patients may experience some skin tightening as well. There are other body contouring procedures available that are more suited to provide the specific skin tightening you are looking for. Ask your board-certified dermatologist for their recommendations during a consultation.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm lift versus Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question and picture.  An arm lift would definitely provide you with a much stronger result than Coolsculpting.  The arm lift would allow you a much greater degree of skin tightening.  You an can also add liposuction to the procedure for additional arm contouring.

Try CoolSculpting First

Thanks for your question. While the CoolSculpting procedure does not address excess skin directly, we have seen a significant improvement in the skin after arm treatment with the CoolSmooth applicator. A mini arm lift will reduce some of the skin, but a scar will be present and there is downtime to the operation. The beauty of trying CoolSculpting is that there is no downtime and you might have a slight improvement. The worst thing that happens after CoolSculpting is nothing. I recommend giving it a shot. Good luck!

CoolSculpting

Yes,we have used CoolSculpting very successfully for the arms, with no loose or redundant skin left after treatment. There is no laser or light source associated with the device. Since the treatment typically only achieves a 20-30% reduction in the treated area, there is typically enough left behind so that the skin doesn’t lose underlying adherence and become saggy. 

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Arm fat reduction and shrinkage

Dear Rosebud753:

CoolSculpting (CS) has had a great impact in limited fat reduction for areas such as the arms. In my experience, it provides fat reduction via a process called apoptosis or natural cell death. CoolSculpting does not promise to tighten tissues, nor does apoptosis tighten tissues.

I have visualized shrinking of the skin envelope around the fat loss caused by CS probably due to an inflammatory response of collagen formation from the CoolSculpting process. This is mostly observed in thicker skin tissues of the back, tummy  and flank regions. Thinner skin areas such as the inside and posterior arm have less dermis and therefore less potential for shrinkage but there is no greater hanging skin following the procedure.

I have found "Lasers" for skin tightening to be disappointing. 

Thank you for sharing your photo. If you wish to have the arm "tightened", please consider a arm tuck or an arm lift. 

In any case, consult with a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for examination and review of what is best for you.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting on Upper arms

We have used CoolSculpting very successfully for the arms, with no loose or redundant skin left after treatment. Since the treatment typically only achieves a 20-30% reduction in the treated area, there is typically enough left behind so that the skin doesn’t lose underlying adherence and become saggy. There is no laser or light source associated with the device.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon