How many grafts do I need for my hairline transplant? What's the approximate cost for doing this surgery? (Photo)

19years old Asian girl with a big forehead. Thin hair.I want to do the FUE hair transplant for reducing the space of my forehead. I'm living in Philladelphia, PA. I want to find a good way to solve my hairline problem.

How many grafts do I need for my hairline transplant?

Greetings

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Cost of cosmetic surgery is highly variable depending on the doctor and the type of procedure. See a doctor for a proper exam

Cost of cosmetic surgery is highly variable depending on the doctor and the type of procedure.  See a doctor for a proper exam and estimate.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline Lowering 1cm

If you are looking to lower your hairline 1cm, it takes approximately 1000 grafts.  This of course depends on the surface area.  The 1cm is an arbitrary amount that I mentioned above, but measurements of facial thirds helps to determine proportions.  There are other factors that can also help determine correct hairline position.  If you have a large head, then 1cm lowering would have a larger length so it could go up to 1400 grafts.  You would need an in person consultation to determine this. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Female hairline lowering

For lowering your hairline, it needs 2700-3500 hairs (around 1500-2000 grafts) depending on the position of your mid frontal point. FUT strip surgery is recommeded for non-shave in the donor area.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts will I need

The number of grafts depends on the surface area you wish to cover.  It is safe to transplant 45 grafts per square centimeter.  A higher density may also produce a good yield but sometimes the yield is not as good.  In studies performed, FUE actually produces a better yield than FUT so don't be mistaken by those who recommend FUT over FUE.  The number of grafts you need will depend on where you wish to locate your hairline.  A lower hairline will require more grafts.  I would suggest that you will need 1200 to more than 2000 depending on the location you elect to have for your hairline.  The cost will depend on the method you elect to have performed.  The most expensive method will be a non-shaven FUE procedure.  A partial shave of the donor area will be the next least expensive option for you.  Shaven FUE is not a good idea for you.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline lowering using hair transplant

to get the hair line lowered about one inch you need about 2000grafts using Ultra refined technique. In your case, since your hair looks thin, using FUT which is the strip method would give you a mush better yield and requires no shaving. The cost d spends on the harvesting technique used by the specialist.  To find out about the cost, You can contact our office. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Grafts to reduce forehead height

It takes roughly 1000 grafts to reduce a forehead for  centimeter it is lowered. It looks like you need at least 2 cm of lowering. It takes 2 sessions to get grafts close enough to give appropriate density. A strip harvest rather than FUE is the more efficient and cosmetic way to obtain donor grafts in women. It will take at least a year for the result to be obtained. If you have good scalp laxity, a hairline lowering operation might give a denser, much quicker result which could be fine tuned by a later relativly small graft session. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Foreah reduction transplant surgery

The number of grafts to reduce your forehead size depend upon how much reduction you want. This generally ranges between 1300-1800 grafts./  Costs can be seen on our website on a per graft basis. This summer we are going $1000 off such surgeries and do include travel reimbursement as shown in the web site.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need ?

45-50 grafts per cm2 will be ok for a good performance.
On the other hand for female patients frontal hair line work should always planned with more grafts per cm2 if possible. You will need approximately 2000-2500 grafts, but a  physical examination with a surgeon always is a good idea 
All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon